Chulu East Peak Climbing
Chulu East (6,584 m.) is situated high above the Manang valley with breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak and Manaslu. The climb is combined with the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the Marshyangdi valley and crossing the Thorong La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara. The climb is technically straightforward and you should be familiar with the use of your equipment, crampons, harness, ice axe, tying knots and handling climbing ropes. Most of the climbing will be involved walking roped together, including the glacial crossings. You should be very fit and have good experience of climbing. The North-East Ridge is considered the normal route to climb this peak from a Base Camp on the moraine at 5334m (17500ft). Most climbers make it to the top and back from Base Camp in one long day although some have, in the past, established a higher camp somewhere below the peak. Another subsidiary peak called Chulu Far East (6059m) 19880ft) may also be attempted from this approach. This trek is a fully supported camping trek with accommodation in twin sharing tents and food being prepared by our camp cook. You just carry light day pack, rest is carried by yaks and our porters.
Trip Duration: 24 days
Trekking Duration: 18 Days
Accommodation: Semi Lodge/ or fully Camping
Season: Sept -Nov / Feb - May
Activites: Trekking - Peak Climbing
Highest Point: Chulu East (6,584 m.)
- Included & Additional Expenses
- Fixed Departure
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu – transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu – sightseeing can be arranged or time on your own.
- Day 03: Drive to Dumre and onwards to Beshishahar
- Day 04: Trek to Ngadi, camp
- Day 05: Trek to Jagat
- Day 06: Trek to Dharapani
- Day 07: Trek to Chame
- Day 08: Trek to Pisang
- Day 09: Trek to Humde
- Day 10: Trek to Yak Kharka
- Day 11: Trek to Chulu Base Camp
- Day 12: Trek to Yak Kharaka
- Day 13: Acclimtization Day
- Day 14: High Camp, attempt Chulu East Peak
- Day 15: Climb Chulu Peak Summit (6584m) back to Base Camp
- Day 16: Rest day in case of bad weather.
- Day 17: Continue trek to Manang
- Day 18: Trek to Thorung Phedi- 4440m
- Day 19: Trek to Muktinath crossing over the Thorung La-5416m
- Day 20: Trek to Jomsom-2713m
- Day 21: Jomsom - Pokhara by flight. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 22: Pokhara/ Kathmandu by land or by flight.
- Day 23: Kathmandu – sightseeing can be arranged or time on your own. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 24: Transfer to International airport for departure
THE COST INCLUDES:
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle.
- Kathmandu hotel room & accommodation as per your requested
- All land transfer as per given itinerary
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter
- Annapurna Conservation Permit and TIMS Permit.
- Chulu East Peak Climbing permit.
- Jomsom Pokhara by flight.
- All program according to itineraries or can be modified if required.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
THE COST DOES NOT INCLUDES:
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency rescue evacuation by Helicopter in case of emergency
- Personal spending money & All bar bill,
- Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
- International Departure Airport Tax per person.
Trek Departure from Kathmandu
Trek Arrival in Kathmandu
The above itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. This is guideline showing tea house or tentative camp night stops. For price and further information contact us at our email