Mt. Pumori Expedition (7145m)
The Mt. Pumori Base camp can be reached Kathmandu – Lukla flight and trekking via Namche Bazaar, Thangboche – Pheriche and Lobuche. Mt. Pumori is 7145m. high and ascent starts at 5,300m; which is beside a beautiful small lake from here you can get a beautiful sight of Mt. Everest and Kalapthar at 5545m.
Normal route: This is the easier route to climb this peak and most of the expedition coteries climbed this peak so far have used this route. As you know Pumori is not easy as like the other mountains, there are difficult technical parts in this route as well. We suggest you, you should take climbing Sherpa and who will guide you to reach the Summit.
You need to have at least 3 camps after base camp to reach the summit. The base camp is just above Gorek Shep at the altitude of 5300m. After base camp, you can set up first camp at the altitude of 5,650m. around the phase of Mt. Pumori.
You should set second camp at the ridge after the phase at the altitude of 6,000m. The most technical part for this peak is around camp 1 and 2. You should set camp 3 at the altitude of 6,480m,around the corner after the ridge.
You can ascend summit from the camp 3 to the top of Pumori. Most of the climbers use this route for the expedition to Mt. Pumori in every year.
South - West ridge: Some very few climbers tried this route, but it is very difficult routes. This route follows directly from the top of Kalapathar and goes straight over the ridge nearly by 75 Degree. As this route has lots of technical difficulties. We suggest you to use the normal route for the Mt. Pumori and you & your group will comfortably reach the Top.
Trip Duration: 34 days
Expedition Duration: 30 days
Season: Sept -Nov / Mar - May
Highest Point: Summit (7,145m)
- Included & Additional Expenses
- Fixed Departure
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 02 - 03: Official formalities in Kathmandu
- Day 04: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding.
- Day 05: Trek to Namche
- Day 06: Name Rest and Acclimatization day
- Day 07: Trek to Tengboche
- Day 08: Trek to Pheriche
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche
- Day 10: Lobuche – Pumori Base Camp
- Day 11 - 27: Climbing Period for Pumori (7145m)
- Day 28: Pumori BC – Pangboche
- Day 29: Trek to Namche
- Day 30: Trek to Lukla
- Day 31: Lukla / Kathmandu by flight.
- Day 32 - 33: Kathmandu – time on own or sightseeing can be arranged.
- Day 34: Transfer to International airport for departure.
THE COST INCLUDES:
- Airport transportation
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax
- Everest summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa per 02 members)
- Mt. Pumori Expedition permit fee and all government taxes
- National Park Entrance fees
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Everest.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose
- High Altitude member and Sherpa tent
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC).
- Service charge and all the necessary government taxes.
THE COST DOES NOT INCLUDES:
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills
- Extra expenses for personal
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Walkie -Talkie
Trek Departure from Kathmandu
Trek Arrival in Kathmandu
The above itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. This is guideline showing tea house or tentative camp night stops. For price and further information contact us at our email