Chulu East Peak Climbing
Chulu East (6,584 m.) is situated high above the Manang valley with breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak and Manaslu. The climb is combined with the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the Marshyangdi valley and crossing the Thorong La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara. The climb is technically straightforward and you should be familiar with the use of your equipment, crampons, harness, ice axe, tying knots and handling climbing ropes. Most of the climbing will be involved walking roped together, including the glacial crossings. You should be very fit and have good experience of climbing. The North-East Ridge is considered the normal route to climb this peak from a Base Camp on the moraine at 5334m (17500ft). Most climbers make it to the top and back from Base Camp in one long day although some have, in the past, stablished a higher camp somewhere below the peak. Another subsidiary peak called Chulu Far East (6059m) 19880ft) may also be attempted from this approach. This trek is a fully supported camping trek with accommodation in twin sharing tents and food being prepared by our camp cook. You just carry light day pack, rest is carried by yaks and our porters.
Day 1Arrival Kathmandu – transfer to Hotel.
Day 2Kathmandu – sightseeing can be arranged or time on your own.
Day 3Drive to Dumre and onwards to Beshishahar
Day 4Trek to Ngadi, camp
Day 5Trek to Jagat
Day 6Trek to Dharapani
Day 7Trek to Chame
Day 8Trek to Pisang
Day 9Trek to Humde
Day 10Trek to Yak Kharka
Day 11Trek to Chulu Base Camp
Day 12Trek to Yak Kharaka
Day 13Acclimtization Day
Day 14High Camp, attempt Chulu East Peak
Day 15Climb Chulu Peak Summit (6584m) back to Base Camp
Day 16Rest day in case of bad weather.
Day 17Continue trek to Manang
Day 18Trek to Thorung Phedi- 4440m
Day 19Trek to Muktinath crossing over the Thorung La-5416m
Day 20Trek to Jomsom-2713m
Day 21Jomsom - Pokhara by flight. Overnight Hotel.
Day 22Pokhara/ Kathmandu by land or by flight.
Day 23Kathmandu – sightseeing can be arranged or time on your own.
Day 24Transfer to International airport for departure.
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle.
- Kathmandu hotel room & accommodation as per your requested
- All land transfer as per given itinerary
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter
- Annapurna Conservation Permit and TIMS Permit.
- Chulu East Peak Climbing permit.
- Jomsom Pokhara by flight.
- All program according to itineraries or can be modified if required.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency rescue evacuation by Helicopter in case of emergency
- Personal spending money & All bar bill,
- Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.