Mera Peak Climbing
Mera peak climbing is getting more and more popular each year due to the extraordinary mountain scenery it offers and also because if you are fit and have true enthusiasm for adventure , previous mountaineering experience is not required. This is the highest peak allowed for climbing in Nepal but also the one not demanding technical climbing. Being such a high mountain, the climb is of course a strenuous one, but the slopes rarely exceed 30 degree and hence it is technically straightforward. Situated at the edge of the Khumbu region, south-east of Everest, the approach trek for Mera peak climbing is through the extremely beautiful Hinku valley. The unspoiled and uninhabited Hinku valley below the Mera peak is one of the wildest and most beautiful in Nepal with its massive moraines, glacial lakes and stunning mountain views.
Like in all the treks and climbing trips to Everest, our approach trek to Mera starts with a exhilarating mountain flight to Lukla airstrip. From Lukla we ascend slowly to eastward, cross the Zatra la pass and finally reach the Mera la pass on the nineth day where we make our base camp for Mera peak climbing. Climbing Mera Peak is possible in a single day from the base camp but we avoid rush. We allow proper rest and acclimatization and make use of high camp to ensure success. Finally we ascend the three summits of Mera from where we would enjoy absolutely stunning summit panorama that includes 5 of the worlds 8000m peaks – Kanchanjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu and Everest.
Below are two itineraries of Mera peak climbing. After the summit, the second itinerary follows the trail to hinku valley leading to Baruntse glacier, crosses the Amphu Lapcha pass (5780 m) and emerges to Chhukung. This trek is a fully supported camping trek with accommodation in twin sharing tents and food being prepared by our camp cook. You just carry light day pack, rest is carried by yaks and our porters, and the average walking is 6 hour. This trek is a fully supported camping trek with accommodation in twin sharing tents and food being prepared by our camp cook. You just carry light day pack, rest is carried by yaks and our porters.
Day 1Arrival Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
Day 2Kathmandu – sightseeing can be arranged or time on your own. Overnight Hotel.
Day 3Fly to Lukla and trek to Chutanga 3100m.
Day 4Acclimatisation day at Chutanga 3100m
Day 5Cross Zatra La pass and trek to Tuli Kharka 4400m
Day 6Tuli Kharka to Tashing Ongma 3600m
Day 7Trek to Tangnag 4350m
Day 8Acclimatisation Day at Tangnag 4350m
Day 9Tangnag to Khare 5100m
Day 10Acclimatisation Day at Khare 5100m.
Day 11Khare to Mera La pass/ base camp 5415m
Day 12Mera La to High Camp 5800m.
Day 13Ascent of Mera Peak (6476m), return to Base Camp at Mera La 5415m
Day 14Rest or spare Day
Day 15Mera La to Tangnag 4350m.
Day 16Tangnag to Tashing Ongma 3600m.
Day 17Tashing Ongma to Tuli Kharka 4400m.
Day 18Tuli Kharka to Lukla 2800m.
Day 19Fly to Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
Day 20Kathmandu – sightseeing can be arranged or time on your own. Overnight Hotel.
Day 21Transfer to International airport for departure.
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle.
- Kathmandu hotel room & accommodation as per your requested
- All land transfer as per given itinerary
- Everest National Park Permit and TIMS Permit.
- Mera Peak Permit
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter
- Trekking gears : sleeping bags, down jacket, walking stick.
- Domestic air ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu.
- All program according to itineraries or can be modified if required.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency rescue evacuation by Helicopter in case of emergency
- Personal spending money & All bar bill
- Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
- International Departure Airport Tax per person.