Mustang (The forbidden kingdom) Trek
Mustang is an ancient Himalayan Kingdom which lies in the northern central part of Nepal and at the top of the Kaligandaki River. Upper Mustang consists of two distinct regions: the southern part and the north where the languages, culture and traditions are alike to those of the Tibetan people. This area is considered one of the most interesting and picturesque places in Nepal. The whole area has an isolated and mystical feel to it, enchanting and inspiring visitors to this region. The trek to Lo- Manthang is through high altitude desert country climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of the Kali Gandaki. In places, the gorge which the Kali Gandaki River runs through is the deepest in the world. This region is full of some of Nepal’s oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with quaint whitewashed houses.
Trip Highlights: Mustang hidden valley with ancient Himalayan Kingdom. Explore Lo-manthang Palace and cluture, Panoramic view from Chhoser. Experience Tibetan culture in Lo-manthang village and Buddhist Monasteries, Explores around the breathtaking Mustang valley and Tibetan villages .Spectacular views of the Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri at 8167 meters, Tukuche Peak, Dhampus Peak, Throung Peak and many more.
Day 1Arrival at Tribhuban International Airport, pick up by our private vehicle, and transfer to the hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 2Kathmandu sightseeing, including the Buddhist stupa of Boudhnath, Swyambhunath (Monkey Temple), and Patan Durbar Square, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. O/N Hotel.
Day 3Kathmandu / Pokhara by land or by flight - O/N Hotel.
Day 4Fly to Jomsom - Trek to Kagbeni (2900m) O/N Camp.
Day 5Trek to Chele (3200m) O/N Camp.
Day 6Trek to Geling (3510m) O/N Camp.
Day 7Trek to Charang (3650m) O/N Camp.
Day 8Trek to Lo Manthang (4320m) O/N Camp.
Day 9Sightseeing around Lo-Manthang O/N Camp.
Day 10Sightseeing around Lo-Manthang O/N Camp.
Day 11Trek to Ghami via Gekar (3690m) O/N Camp.
Day 14Trek to Samar(3700m) O/N Camp.
Day 13Trek to Kagbeni (2900m) O/N Camp.
Day 14Trek to Jomsom (2720m) O/N Camp.
Day 15Fly to Pokhara . O/N Hotel.
Day 16Drive to Kathmandu or fly to Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 17Kathmandu – Time on your own - sightseeing can be arranged. O/N Hotel.
Day 18Transfer to International airport for departure.
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- 4 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast Basis.
- Sightseeing tour with English speaking city guide and all monument fees.
- 11 days Lodge Trek on Full Board Basis.
- 2 Nights Hotel accommodations in Pokhara on Bed & Breakfast Basis.
- Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara flights.
- Domestic airport tax.
- 1 porter for each 2 members to carry their baggage (includes their food, accommodation and daily wages).
- 1 Sherpa English speaking guide for entire trek days (includes their food, accommodation and daily wages).
- Guide and porter insurance.
- Mustang region Special Permit.
- ACAP Conservation permit and TIMS permit.
- Down Jacket, Sleeping bags (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- Duffel/kit bag (to put your trekking gear during the trek) can take after the trek as a souvenir.
- All Govt. tax and Vat.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Your travel insurance (mandatory).
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (Can be obtained upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, requires 2 passport size photos and US$ 40 or equivalent in any other currency)