Cho Oyu Expedition
Cho Oyu, the sixth highest mountain in the world, has only recently become a popular mountain to climb. It is known to be one of the easer of the world’s fourteen 8,000 meter mountain. Cho Oyu sits on both sides of the border of Nepal and Tibet, about 30 km. west of Mount Everest. It is the sixth highest mountain in the world (8201 meters). Cho Oyu is translated in Tibetan as “the goddess of the turquoise.” The south face of Cho Oyu, facing Nepal, is quite steep and difficult, and is rarely climbed. The north side of the mountain, accessed from Tibet, is more moderate, and there is a relatively safe route to the summit. In the autumn of 1954, an Austrian team made the first ascent via this route. We also include a great trek option for those wanting to experience the beauty and challenge of the Himalaya without requiring any technical climbing skills.
Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
Day 2-4Official Formalities in kathmandu
Day 5Drive to Zangmu. (2000m).
Day 6Drive to Nyalam. (3700m).
Day 7Nyalam, acclimatization day.
Day 8Drive to Tingri (4400).
Day 9-10Acclimatization around Tingri (5000m).
Day 11Drive to Chinese Base Camp (5000m) Camping
Day 12Acclimatization around Base camp (5300m).
Day 13Acclimatization around Base camp (5500m).
Day 14Trek to Interim Camp (5300m)
Day 15Trek to Advance Base Camp (5600m).
Day 16-40Climbing Cho-Oyu (8200m)
Day 41Return to Advance Base Camp (5600m).
Day 42Return to Base Camp
Day 43Cleaning of Base Camp
Day 44Drive to Zhangmu
Day 45Zhangmu to Kathmandu by land. Overnight Hotel.
Day 46-47Kathmandu- sightseeing can be arrange or time on your own. Overnight Hotel.
Day 48Transfer to International airport for departure with farewell Khata.
Included and Additional Expences
- All the airport/ Hotel/ airport transportations by private vehicle.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax
- Climbing Sherpa (for each 2 member 01 Sherpa)
- Cho-Oyu Expedition permit fee and all government taxes
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Cho-Oyu.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters / yak with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose;
- High Altitude member and Sherpa tent
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC)
- Service charge and all the necessary government taxes.
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills
- Extra expenses for personal
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Walkie -Talkie