18 Day Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
‘The only trek which is the closest approach to get to the extraordinary views of the Himalayas, rich heritage and Himalayan lifestyle in Nepal’
The least visited yet most well-known trek destination of Nepal, Langtang Gosainkunda trek is almost a well-kept secret which lies closer to the Tibet border. The valley combines picturesque landscapes, snow-capped mountains and unique culture of locals similar to Tibet. The area is naturally as well as culturally outstanding, it is one of the popular destinations and attracts thousands of tourists each year.
A huge 7.8 earthquake struck Nepal in April 2015, killing nearly 9,000 people and destroying many more homes. Langtang Valley was among the badly suffered areas. Now, it has already been more than 3 years since the tragedy. Life is again becoming normal, Tea houses are rebuilt, and villages are reconstructed. By trekking in this region, locals will get the much-needed support and it will help them to raise their economic conditions.
Your adventure starts in the colourful, chaotic, magical and utterly fascinating city of Kathmandu. Accompanied by a local guide, you will explore various temples, World heritage sites and wander through bazaars that are likely different from anything you have ever experienced.
The following day, you will join other trekkers and mountaineers as you drive to Syabru Besi from Kathmandu which takes approx 7 hrs. The trek begins from Syabru Besi following a trail upstream Bhote Khosi river passing through beautiful villages inhabited by the Sherpas, Tamang, Yolmo- Tibetan influenced tribe. Along the way, one can witness many yaks and pastures land as the narrow valley widen on the north to joins with Tibet border.
In the national park, there are more than 1000 plant species and is the home to an array of wildlife, wild boards, Himalayan black bears, ghoral, grey langur monkeys, leopards, musk deer and the endangered Red Panda. The whole valley is dominated by Mount Langtang Lirung and offer a variety of Rhododendron, huge Bamboo forest, beautiful landscape, snow-capped mountains range.
The trail then takes you to Kyangin at 3800 meters where you get the opportunity visit Tsergo Ri 5066m / 16,592ft the highest point on a broad flat plateau. The views from here are spectacular, a 360-degree panorama of snow-capped Himal including Langtang Lirung, Pemthang Ri, Langshisha Ri, Dorje Lakpa, and Ganchempo, Tilman’s fluted peak. The area is famous for its natural beauty and wonderful climate with superb snow-capped mountain views.
You will continue trek to Gosaikunda which is a revered place of pilgrimage for both Buddhists and Hindus. Here you can see more than 108 small lakes including Bhairav Kunda and Saraswati Kunda as the core. Moreover, the place is named after the glistening Gosaikunda Lake whose water is believed to have magical healing powers. Then we ascend to over the Laurebena Pass (4,610m) to the high ridges of Helambu. Providing a glimpse of different cultures and more superb panoramic views.
The trips end at Sundarijal and drive to Kathmandu approx an hour.
Trip Highlights: See ever smiling mountains like Mt. Lirung(7227m), Ganesh Himal Range, Mt. Dorje Lakpa (6966m). Mt. Madiya (6257m), Mt. Purbi Ghhyachu (6637m).
- Experience authentic Buddhism and Tibetan village, culture
- Walk through deeply dense forests, eye-catching land surface, and wild river
- Admire the incomparable beauty of the Langtang including holy and sacred monasteries at
- Visit the magnificent holy Gosainkund Lake nestled amidst the mountains
- Sleep Lodges in amazing spots amidst the snow-capped mountains
- A chance to see a red panda, wild boar, black deer, goral and other flora and fauna.
Day 1Arrival at Tribhuban International Airport, pick up by our private vehicle, and transfer to the hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 2Kathmandu sightseeing, including the Buddhist stupa of Boudhnath, Swyambhunath (Monkey Temple), and Patan Durbar Square, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. O/N Hotel.
Day 3Drive to Syabru Bensi (1450m). O/N Lodge.
Day 4Trek to Lama Hotel (2480m). O/N Lodge.
Day 5Trek to Langtang (3541m). O/N Lodge.
Day 6Trek to Kyangin Gompa (3900m). O/N Lodge.
Day 7Rest & acclimatization -day trip to Tserkori (5184m). O/N Lodge.
Day 8Trek to Lama Hotel (2480m). O/N Lodge.
Day 9Trek to Thulo Sybru (2200m). O/N Lodge.
Day 10Trek to Sing Gompa (3584m). O/N Lodge.
Day 11Trek to Gosainkunda (4381m). O/N Lodge.
Day 12Cross Lauribinayak Pass and Trek to Ghopte (3440). O/N Lodge.
Day 13Trek to Tarkeghyang (2550m). O/N Lodge.
Day 14Trek to Kutumsang (2000m). O/N Lodge.
Day 15Trek to Chisopani (1700m). O/N Lodge.
Day 16Trek to Sundarijal (1500m) 4 hrs & 1 hr drive to KTM/Hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 17Kathmandu – Time on your own – Free time to relax - last moment shopping or Sightseeing can be arranged. O/N Hotel.
Day 18Last day of trip.
After breakfast transfer to airport for departure
|***No specific previous experience is required to complete this trek but good health and able to walk minn. 3 to max 6.5 hrs at a normal pace are necessary (with breaks in between) | ***Group size Min 1 to Max 16 Pax | ***Single supplementary may apply|
Prices & Fixed Departure Dates
|Arrival Date||Departure Date|
|02 Sep 2019||19 Sep 2019|
|23 Sep 2019||10 Oct 2019|
|07 Oct 2019||24 Oct 2019|
|04 Nov 2019||21 Nov 2019|
|24 Nov 2019||11 Dec 2019|
|17 Feb 2020||05 Mar 2020|
|09 Mar 2020||26 Mar 2020|
|30 Mar 2020||16 Apr 2020|
|04 May 2020||21 May 2020|
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- 4 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu Twin share on Bed & Breakfast Basis
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with English speaking city guide and all monument fees
- Kathmandu/ Syabrubesi by private Jeep
- All other land transfers by private vehicle
- Basic comfortable Mountain lodge on trek
- All land transfer as per given itinerary
- 1 porter for each 2 members to carry their baggage (includes their food, accommodation and daily wages)
- 1 Sherpa English speaking guide for entire trek days (includes their food, accommodation and daily wages)
- Guide and porter insurance
- Trekking Permit
- TIMS Permit
- Down Jacket, Sleeping bags (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- Duffel/kit bag (to put your trekking gear during the trek) can take after the trek as a souvenir
- All taxes and Govt Vat
- Meals (During the trek meals are easily available in the lodges that you are staying).
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Single Supplementary USD 255
- Your travel insurance (mandatory).
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (Can be obtained upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, requires 2 passport size photos and US$ 40 or equivalent in any other currency)