Lakpa Ri Expedition
Lhakpa Ri situated in Tibet is an ideal objective, remarkably positioned just across the glacier from Everest. It shares the historic route up the East Rongbuk Glacier and is climbable by a relatively safe and straightforward route. It is just over the milestone altitude of 7,000m, making it higher than anything outside Asia and is probably the most climbable 7,000m peak in the world. Lhakpa Ri is a superb objective which should appeal to climbers looking for a 7,000m summit in a famous location. The visit to Lhasa, the overland journey across the Tibetan Plateau, the trek in the footsteps of Mallory and a climb with awesome views of Everest, are the ingredients of a very special expedition. It will also give a life-long impression of Tibet and its people and an insight and deep respect for the achievements of the early Everest pioneers.
Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu transfers to hotel.
Day 2Rest day at Kathmandu prepare for Tibet visa.
Day 3Rest day at Kathmandu prepare for expedition.
Day 4Final preparation in Kathmandu
Day 5Drive from Kathmandu to Zhangmu
Day 6Drive from Zhangmu to Nyalam
Day 7Nyalam to Tingri
Day 8Rest day at Tingri for Acclimatized
Day 9Tingri - Lhakpa Ri Base Camp
Day 10Lhakpa Ri Base Camp
Day 11Lhakpa Ri Base Camp - Middle Camp
Day 12Middle Camp - ABC Camp
Day 13-24Lakpa Ri Climbing period
Day 25Prepare for return to Kathmandu
Day 26Base Camp to Tingri
Day 27Tingri - Shegar
Day 28Shegar - Shigatse
Day 29Shigatse - Gyantse
Day 30Gyantse - Lhasa
Day 33Lhasa to Kathmandu flight & transfer to Hotel in Kathmandu
Day 35Final Departure.
Included and Additional Expences
- All the airport/ Hotel/ airport transportations by private vehicle.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax
- Climbing Sherpa (for each 2 member 01 Sherpa)
- Lakpa Ri Expedition permit fee and all government taxes
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Shishapangma.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters / yak with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose;
- High Altitude member and Sherpa tent
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC)
- Service charge and all the necessary government taxes.
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills
- Extra expenses for personal
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Walkie -Talkie