60 Day Mt. Makalu Expedition
Makalu (8463m.) was first climbed by a French party in 1955. is the world’s 5th highest mountain at 8,463m. Situated between Everest and Kanchanjunga, on the Nepali-Tibetan border. The peak was first mapped and photographed from the Tibetan side by the 1921 British Everest reconnaissance. It is an isolated peak, located just 14 miles east of Mount Everest. Makalu is a very beautiful but extremely challenging, and potentially dangerous mountain. Our expedition trip starts from Tumlingtar, just above the Arun River to Makalu Base Camp at approximately 5200 meters. We’ll climb by way of the Northwest Ridge. Our Sherpa team will fix ropes as required. We’ll be moving up and down the mountain quite a few times, Depending on our condition.
We start from Tumlingtar by flight above the Arun River then towards the beautiful Barun valley, which is most infrequently visited valley and finally setting up Makalu Base Camp at an altitude of 4,840m. We return back via the same path and take panoramic flight to Kathmandu.
Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
Day 2-4Official formalities in Kathmandu
Day 5Fly to Tumlingtar. Trek to Khadbari (1040m).
Day 6Bhotebas (1730m).
Day 9Kuwapani (1560m).
Day 10-11Tashi Goan (2100m). Acclimatization
Day 12Kauma (3760m).
Day 13Dobato (3700m).
Day 14Nebe Kharka (4320m).
Day 15Sherson (4630m).
Day 16Trek to Makalu Base Camp
Day 17High Camp
Day 18-48Climbing Period Mt. Makalu
Day 49Cleaning up base camp
Day 50Trek to Yak Kharka.
Day 51Trek to Mumbuk
Day 52Trek to Tashi Goan.
Day 53Trek to Nun.
Day 54Trek to Chichira.
Day 55-56Trek to Khandbari.
Day 57Trek to Tumlingtar and fly to Kathmandu.
Day 58-59Kathmandu – time on own or sightseeing can be arranged.
Day 60Transfer to International airport for departure.
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport transportation
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- Everest summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa per 02 members)
- Makalu Expedition peak permit fee and all government taxes
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Everest.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose
- High Altitude member and Sherpa tent
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC).
- Service charge and all the necessary government taxes.
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills
- Extra expenses for personal
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Walkie -Talkie