18 Day Mustang Trek
Mustang is the ancient Himalayan Kingdom which lies in the northern central part of Nepal and at the top of the Kaligandaki River. Upper Mustang consists of two distinct regions: the southern part and the north where the languages, culture and traditions are alike to those of the Tibetan people. This area is considered one of the most interesting and picturesque places in Nepal.
The trek to Lo- Manthang is through high altitude desert country climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of the Kali Gandaki. In places, the gorge which the Kali Gandaki River runs through is the deepest in the world. This region is full of some of Nepal’s oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with quaint whitewashed houses.
Lo Manthang the walled city, once only accessible by foot or mules now is connected by road with rest of Nepal making the Jeep safari trip to upper Mustang possible. So you have the option to trek or take 4 Wheel drive through the most isolated, rugged and fascination medieval the Himalayan Kingdom. The Mustang jeep drive tour to upper Mustang no doubt offers one of the fascinating driving tour experience into the Himalayas in short time to explore the diverse culture and topography of one of the restricted regions in Nepal. We drive one place to another allowing us enough time to explore all the sights and sound of the upper Mustang region.
PS: Jeep drive trip itinerary will be a bit shorter than the normal trek duration for more information contact us.
Trip Highlights: Mustang hidden valley with ancient Himalayan Kingdom. Explore Lo-manthang Palace and cluture, Panoramic view from Chhoser. Experience Tibetan culture in Lo-manthang village and Buddhist Monasteries, Explores around the breathtaking Mustang valley and Tibetan villages .Spectacular views of the Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri at 8167 meters, Tukuche Peak, Dhampus Peak, Throung Peak and many more.
Day 1Arrival at Tribhuban International Airport, pick up by our private vehicle, and transfer to the hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 2Kathmandu sightseeing, including the Buddhist stupa of Boudhnath, Swyambhunath (Monkey Temple), and Patan Durbar Square, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. O/N Hotel.
Day 3Kathmandu / Pokhara by land or by flight - O/N Hotel.
Day 4Fly to Jomsom - Trek to Kagbeni (2900m) O/N Lodge.
Day 5Trek to Chele (3200m) O/N Lodge.
Day 6Trek to Syanbochen(3475m). O/N Lodge
Day 7Trek to Ghami (3520m) O/N Lodge.
Day 8Trek to Tsarang (3620m) O/N Lodge.
Day 9Trek to Lo Manthang (4320m) O/N Lodge.
Day 10Sightseeing around Lo-Manthang O/N Lodge.
Day 11Trek to Drakmar (3810m) O/N Lodge.
Day 12Trek to Ghiling (3806m) O/N Lodge
Day 13Trek to Chhuksang (3050m). O/N Lodge
Day 14Trek to Jomsom (2700m). O/N Lodge
Day 15Fly to Pokhara . O/N Hotel.
Day 16Drive to Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. O/N Hotel.
Day 17Kathmandu – Time on your own - sightseeing can be arranged. - Free time to relax - last moment shopping. O/N Hotel.
Day 18Transfer to International airport for departure.
|***No specific previous experience is required to complete this trek but good health and able to walk min. 3 to max 7hrs at a normal pace are necessary (with breaks in between) |***Group size -Min 1 to Max 16 Pax| *** Single supplementary may apply|*** Besides the given departure date, the trip can be arranged at any date |
Prices & Fixed Departure Dates
|Arrival Date||Departure Date|
|Your Prefer Travel Date||Your Prefer Departure Date|
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- 4 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast Basis.
- Sightseeing tour with English speaking city guide and all monument fees.
- 11 days Lodge Trek on Full Board Basis.
- 2 Nights Hotel accommodations in Pokhara on Bed & Breakfast Basis.
- Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara flights.
- Domestic airport tax.
- 1 porter for each 2 members to carry their baggage (includes their food, accommodation and daily wages).
- 1 Sherpa English speaking guide for entire trek days (includes their food, accommodation and daily wages).
- Guide and porter insurance.
- Mustang region Special Permit.
- ACAP Conservation permit and TIMS permit.
- Down Jacket, Sleeping bags (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- Duffel/kit bag (to put your trekking gear during the trek) can take after the trek as a souvenir.
- All Govt. tax and Vat.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Your travel insurance (mandatory).
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (Can be obtained upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, requires 2 passport size photos and US$ 40 or equivalent in any other currency)