23 Day Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley trekking which is an exotic land offers medieval Tibetan culture in undisturbed form, dramatic mountain views and great alpine scenery, located in Annapurna trekking region. Nar phu valley trek is opened to the tourist only in 2003. Trek to the Nar Phu valley requires special trekking permit. Nar Phu trek takes you to the remote Nar phu valley inhabited by Nepalese Tibetans. Nepal Nar Phu village is well known as regions of ethnically- Nepalese Tibetan inhabitants, the population about 350 inhabitants who depend on livestock, unlike most Bhotia people, whose trading patterns changed after the Nepali Government, closed borders with Tibet.
Nar Phu valley trek starting point is Beshi Sahar following the popular Annapurna circuit trail and branch off at Koto to follow the off the beaten track to Nar Phu valley in the north of Manang Valley. The trek up to Nar and Phu combines high snow-peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow canyons, forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, gompas and unique Himalayan cultures. Closed to trekkers until late 2002, very few westerners have explored these virtually untouched villages or climbed the many 7000m peaks surrounding it.
Along with spending plenty of time at these colorful and timeless villages, we explore the high alpine valleys above Phu (including Himlung Base Camp for those who want to), and then from Nar cross the Kang La to Ngawal on the upper Pisang route leading back into the Annapurna circuit. After such a wonderful Nar phu village trek, We follow to Annapurna circuit – cross Thorung La Pass (5416m) and finished treks in Jomsom then flight to Pokhara or who have short holiday for Nar Phu valley trekking they go to Nar Phu valley and same way return to Besi Sahar which is the short way to explore the Nar phu village, truly an unforgettable journey through Nepal.
Trip Highlights: Trip Highlights: The majestic Spectacular Himalayan Range with view of snowcapped. Himalayan black bear, blue sheep, snow leopard, musk deer, wild boar, Rhesus and languor monkeys. Bhote(Nepalese Tibetan) communities., Thorung La pass to lower Mustang, Diverse scenery and cultures from Tibetan, Gurung, Manangi.
Day 1Arrive in Kathmandu or meet our representative in Kathmandu.
Transfer to hotel. Overnight (O/N) Hotel.
Day 2Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu, Boudhnath, Pashupatinath,
Day 3Swayambunath and Patan, Patan Durbar Square.
Day 4Drive from Kathmandu to Besishar/ Khudi (5 hrs) 800m.
Day 5Trek to Bahundanda 1310m.
Day 6Trek to Chamje 1430m.
Day 7Trek to Bagarchhap 1430m.
Day 8Trek to Koto Qupar 2600m
Day 9Trek to Dharamsala 3230m
Day 10Trek to Kayang 3740 mtrs.
Day 11Trek to Phu 4050 mtrs
Day 12Phu 4050 mtrs
Day 13Trek to Junam 3550 mtrs
Day 14Trek to Nar 4150 mtrs
Day 15Nar- Rest and exploration around
Day 16Trek to Ngawal 3675m
Day 17Trek to Manang 3510 mtrs
Day 18Trek to Thorung Phedi 4525 mtrs
Day 19Trek to Muktinath 3670 mtrs
Day 20Trek to Kagbeni 2850 mtrs
Day 21Trek to Jomsom 2710m. Overnight Hotel
Day 22Fly to Pokhara and Kathmandu – transfer to hotel. Overnight Hotel.
Day 23Kathmandu – Time on your own - sightseeing can be arranged. Overnight Hotel.
Included and Additional Expences
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle.
- Kathmandu hotel room & accommodation as per your requested
- All land transfer as per given itinerary
- Annapurna Conservation Permit and TIMS Permit.
- Nar Phu Valley Special Permit.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter
- Trekking gears : sleeping bags, down jacket, walking stick.
- Domestic air ticket from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu.
- All program according to itineraries or can be modified if required.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Travel Insurance.
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money & All bar bill,
- Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
- International Departure Airport Tax per person.