Shishapangma is considered one of the easy 8000 meter peaks with high rate of success for climbing in Tibet. It was first climbed by H. Ching and Nine Climbers in 1964 and was opened to foreign climbers in 1978. This mountain is located in central Himalaya and lies totally within Tibet. When the mountaineers think of Himalaya expedition with the objective of reaching the top of 8000 meter peak with comparatively little efforts, Shishapangma in Tibet would be a good choice for climbing. Our route picks up from Nyalam, 33km from the Nepal – Tibet border, up to the Chinese base camp at an altitude of about 5000-5400m.
Day 1Arrival in Kathmandu – Transfer to Hotel. Overnight Hotel.
Day 2-4Official Formalities in kathmandu.
Day 5Drive to Zangmu. (2000m).
Day 6Drive to Nyalam. (3700m).
Day 7Nyalam, acclimatization day.
Day 8Drive to Base Camp
Day 9-12Rest at Base Camp
Day 13Rest at Advance Base Camp
Day 14-39Climbing period of Mt. Shishapangma Expedition
Day 40Advance Base Camp
Day 41Base Camp
Day 42Clean up the Base Camp
Day 43Drive to Nyalam
Day 44Drive to Kathmandu by land. Overnight Hotel.
Day 45-46Kathmandu - sightseeing can be arrange or time on your own. Overnight Hotel.
Day 47Transfer to International airport for departure with farewell Khata.
Included and Additional Expences
- All the airport/ Hotel/ airport transportations by private vehicle.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax
- Climbing Sherpa (for each 2 member 01 Sherpa)
- Shishapangma Expedition permit fee and all government taxes
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Shishapangma.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters / yak with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose;
- High Altitude member and Sherpa tent
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC)
- Service charge and all the necessary government taxes.
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills
- Extra expenses for personal
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Walkie -Talkie